4.11.2010

Busy Week!

Ten consecutive days on snow as its way of taking a toll on your body and your mind, especially when those ten consecutive days mostly involved hiking for fresh snow. This most recent storm cycle dropped over seven feet of snow in the Cottonwoods, according to some data charts, and my body can only handle so much dawn-to-dusk shredding before it decides it's had enough. Fortunately, the last ten days have certainly been the best powder days of the season. I've already posted some images from Brighton and Park City on Monday and Tuesday, and here's just a few more pics from my days at The Canyons on Wednesday, Snowbird on Thursday, Davenport Hill/Days Fork and Brighton on Friday for the Red Bull Buttercup Contest, then back to Park City on Saturday. I certainly love living in the Wasatch. The photo above is my friend Todd Stay and I driving through Heber City, UT on our way to The Canyons. Nearly 3 feet of fresh that day. I initially had intended to shoot a lot of video with the GoPro, but that didn't really happen. Too much fun.
Todd and I on the lift with Justin Olsen and his buddy at The Canyons
About 3/4 of the way to the top of Davenport Hill in LCC. 10,092 ft.
Looking down at the upper Alta Resort parking lot and the Albion Basin from the top of Davenport Hill.
Forest Shearer scoping a line for next time. I'm squishing his head.
I didn't sleep at all on Thursday night for some reason. Just tossed and turned the whole night. After climbing Davenport Hill with no sleep and no breakfast I needed a rest, so I crashed for a couple hours in the Park and Ride off 6200 South and Wasatch Blvd
The drop-in tent for the Red Bull Buttercup at Brighton.
My buddy  Blake Stephenson nailing a super fast blunt slide.
The winners of the Open: 1st Parker Worthen, 2nd Ted Barland, 3rd Jason Heckle
Words to live by.

No comments: