2.08.2009

002 - Momentum

"One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals."
- Michael Korda

   One of my "constantly greater goals" with Wasatch is for each podcast episode to be extremely different from the rest. I've done a lot of video work over the years, and one thing that really gets under my skin is when someone is either a) pidgeon holed by his or her client base, or b) pidgeon holes him/herself by mass-producing carbon copy material and lacking individuality. This is the primary reason why I do not, nor will I ever, shoot weddings, bridals, or receptions, because I do not want to run the risk of becoming complacent.

   At the same time, it's terribly difficult to come up with something in the ski or snowboard industry that is original. Certainly it happens from time to time, but most of the time the media that gets published is the same thing it's been for the last 15 years, but once in a while something comes along that helps continue building the momentum of the sport, and I hope to be able to model my productions after those groundbreaking members of the industry.

   I hope Episode Two - Momentum treats you well. Derek and Tanner and Jade and I had a really good time putting it all together. Have to shout out to all our sponsors (although some of them don't appear in the final cut of this episode):

Revolution Mfg
Board of Provo
Exempt Sox
A79 Clothing



002 Momentum - Wasatch Official Production Podcast from Parker Cross on Vimeo.

Filmed entirely on the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Episode Two picks up where Episode One The Establishment left off with January powder that shows why so many people emigrate to the Wasatch. Featuring Parker Cross, Tanner Mills, Derek Olthuis and Jade Magnum Thomason. Special thanks to Kyle Henderson from Desert Noises for providing the music.

No comments: